You might have faced this problem that your laptop speakers are working perfectly fine; but the same sound doesn’t come when you attach your headphones to the laptop. Here’s a small headphones sound work around in ubuntu:
- Using a Terminal = “Applications->Accessories->Terminal”
- Open this file for editing.
sudo vim /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
- Insert this line at the bottom:
options snd-hda-intel model=hp-dv5 enable_msi=1
- Save. Close. Reboot. Check your levels in alsamixer.
<F6>to select the correct sound-card. Press
<F3>to show playback levels.
<F4>selects capture levels [or use
<Tab>]. Use the left/right arrow keys to select and up/down arrow keys to change levels.
- Go to “System ->Preferences ->Sound” and make sure the correct sound-card is default and adjust your profile on the hardware tab.
- On the output tab choose the correct device.
And there you go !! Your headphones should be banging your ears with the bass !
NOTE : This solution is tested on Ubuntu 13.04.